Our main offices are on the university campus in Grenoble, France. The site houses the institute’s main scientific and technical groups and administration services as well as being the base station to the NOEMA observatory. Offices are also present in Granada, Spain, which provides technical and scientific support to the 30 meter radiotelescope at Pico Veleta in the Sierra Nevada.
The Steering Committee is in charge of preparing the IRAM General Assembly.
Members are appointed experts and scientists from each of the three IRAM partner institutions. The Steering Committee meets once a year for discussions with the IRAM Direction, in presence of staff representatives. Based on these discussions, legally binding decisions are voted by the General Assembly concerning finances, technical developments as well as scientific and strategic decisions.
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS)
- Martin Giard, CNRS, Paris, France
- Stéphane Guilloteau, CNRS, Université de Bordeaux, France
- Eric Humler, CNRS, Paris, France
- Reinhard Genzel, MPE, Garching, Germany
- Karl Menten, MPIfR, Bonn, Germany
- Markus Schleier, MPG, Munich, Germany
Instituto Geográfico Nacional (IGN)
- Rafael Bachiller, Observatorio Astronómico Nacional, Madrid, Spain
- Mónica Groba Lopez, IGN, Madrid, Spain
- José António Lopez Fernandez, IGN, Madrid, Spain
Scientific Advisory Committee
The Scientific Advisory Committee’s role is to guide the institute from an external point of view in scientific and technical questions.
Members of the Scientific Advisory Committee are renowned scientists and experts for radio astronomy. Each of the three IRAM partners is represented with three persons.
- Santiago Garcia Burillo (Chair), OAN, Madrid, Spain
- Maryvonne Gérin, LERMA/ENS, Paris, France
- Guilaine Lagache, LAM, Marseille, France
- Raphaël Moreno, LESIA, Observatoire de Paris, France
- Gordon J. Stacey, Cornell University, Ithaca, USA
- Linda Tacconi, MPE, Garching, Germany
- Mario Tafalla, OAN, Alcala de Henares, Spain
- Fabian Walter, MPIA Heidelberg, Germany
- Friedrich Wyrowski, MPIfR, Bonn, Germany
The Program Committee’s role is to evaluate and discuss the observation proposals that are sent to IRAM by researchers from all over the world.
Members of the Program Committee are independent and renowned specialists of their astronomic field. Observation time is thus given to the best proposals received.
- Peter Abraham, Konkoly Observatory, Budapest, Hungary
- Matthieu Béthermin, LAM, Marseille, France
- Elias Brinks, University Hertfordshire, Hatfield, United Kingdom
- Natascha M. Foerster Schreiber, MPE, Garching, Germany
- John S. Gallagher, University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA
- Pierre Guillard, IAP, Paris, France
- Lee Hartmann, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
- Izaskun Jimenez-Serra, Center of Astrobiology, Madrid, Spain
- Patrick Koch, ASIAA, Taipei, Taiwan
- Miguel Querejeta, OAN, Madrid, Spain
- Isabelle Ristorcelli, IRAP University of Toulouse, France
- Pablo Rivière-Marichalar, OAN, Madrid, Spain
- Amélie Saintonge, University College London, United Kingdom
- Dmitry A. Semenov, MPIA, Heidelberg, Germany
- Axel Weiss, MPIfR, Bonn, Germany
Learn more about our work
Our latest updates
Explore all the latest news from our research and technology groups and never miss out on important upcoming events.